Become an M&A Advisor
As M&A Advisors and Business Brokers, we are on the front lines, doing our part to ensure that these businesses are passed successfully to the next generation. At Sunbelt of Florida, most of the sellers we represent own companies with enterprise values of between $500,000 and $50,000,000, from Main Street to Middle Market Businesses.
We help position their companies for the market to achieve the highest possible value for their business. We work to find the best possible buyer for our client’s company so that they can retire assured that their business has been passed along to a good steward that will continue building on what they have established.
The career paths and backgrounds of our Business Brokers are as varied as the businesses we represent. Top producers are client-oriented, entrepreneurial, optimistic, and self-reliant problem solvers with a love for learning what makes business go. Former Business Owners and CPAs do well in our industry as do people with deep, industry-specific consulting experience.
- Work with the owners to evaluate the value of the company
- Assist in selecting other members of the transaction team
- Prepare the necessary documentation to market the company
- Identify prospective buyers
- Develop a marketing plan
- Interview, qualify and inform prospective buyers
- Begin the purchase proposal process
- Negotiate details
- Manage the due diligence process
- Coordinate closing activities
- Ten years of progressive experience in business ownership or business management, with five years of experience in an executive-level position.
- Entrepreneurial focused, self-starter.
- Previous business ownership experience preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to motivate, convince, and influence people to reach goals.
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills are required.
Proficient computer skills, i.e. Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Florida Real Estate License is required. (Prospective Candidate selected will be given ten weeks to complete this requirement).
- Success fee-based: $250,000 to $600,000 annually is typical of top performers.